Monday, 22 June 2009

I've arrived!!!

Well hello! I am now State side, after arriving just after 2pm LA time yesterday. Had a very long and boring flight, managed to watch all of their crappy comedy movies... couldn't get a wink of sleep. I Tried to do a experiment which I saw on the BBC, the idea is to not eat for the entire flight, to then have a large meal once you land in correspondence to the new time zone, which will then apparently reduce the effects jet lag. After skipping the first meal I almost passed I was so hungry, so once the snacks came a cracking I dived right in, I then had pizza before I landed.

Rania and Anthony picked me up from the airport, it was so good to see Rania's gorgeous little face.... went straight out to get coffees as I was needing caffeine and water, the roads are massive, everything's a lot flatter and a lot more spread out here in LA. Next went to supermarket which was cool, they had so many peanut butters :)
Went back and met Rania''s mum and her friend, she's really lovely and very welcoming. Made me loads of Korean food, enough for at least 3 people, I ate the lot. The house is cool, kinda what I thought it would look like, very big!
Later on we went to do laundry and bought candy and snacks, then we came home and I passed out. Woke at around 7 am today, so not to bad, feeling good. Just off to get our marriage licence today, which means we have to decide on our last names, so we have decided on Kim Birch with no hyphen. We'll be back later with photos and stuff. x dan

4 comments:

  1. I remember that experiment! Did it work? Wish I was out there with you! Did you listen to Phoenix? Like? Thanks for bringing Wilco back!!

    Have a blinder mate, good luck on the big day, sure you won't need it, catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only been there five minutes and you're calling sweets candy, I just don't know what to do with you Danny K B. Have fun you two x

    Dave x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day in LA and you're already referring to sweets as "candy". Next you'll be using a shotgun to open up a 200 "gallon" bottle of pepsi!

    Great to hear you got there okay, I'm continuing to read xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. when in Rome guys, when in Rome!!!

    I'm gonna be the size of a whale when i get back....

    ReplyDelete